*** Important Reminders: I will no longer accept your articles through e-mail. You must hand in a printed copy. If you have a printer problem bring me a note from a parent/guardian.
If you do not have your article on the due date and you do not have a note explaining why, your article will be considered late and points will be lost. ***
On Wednesday we will have our last lesson on writing feature articles. Once that lesson is over, you should be ready to finalize your feature article, type it up, and hand it in. The final version of your feature article must be handed in during class on Friday, November 19th.
What you hand in must contain:
1. A cover page with the title, your name, class, and the due date.
2. A final typed version of your article. The document must be size 12 font, Times New Roman, and double-spaced.
3. Staple one of your interviews that you used in class for drafting to your final copy.
4. Parts of your article must be highlighted. Highlight areas where you worked on what we discussed during your small group’s writing conference in yellow. Highlight areas that show that you’ve worked on your writing goals in any other color. At the end of your article, write a “Goals/Conference Work Reflection.” This reflection must be a detailed paragraph where you reflect upon how well you worked to achieve your goals and to incorporate the small lesson we went over during your writing conference into your writing.
5. Make sure to proofread your work carefully.
6. Make sure to print up and attach a copy of the rubric to your final draft. THERE IS A 7th GRADE RUBRIC AND AN 8th GRADE RUBRIC – PLEASE PRINT THE APPROPRIATE ONE!
7th Grade Rubric (Nonfiction News Article):
8th Grade Rubric (Nonfiction Feature Article):
***Make sure to staple your draft before you come to class. We will not have time for everyone to get out of their seats and find the stapler.***
See the post below this one for your other homework for this week.